YOUTH HIGH PERFORMACE
Inspired by our 1-ON-1 program, our YHP program is ideal for OVA club athletes looking for technical skill development and game play. This program will:
– Directly improve on problematic skills like spiking, serving, passing, & setting
– Increased playing time and play a bigger role on the team
– Reinforce proper technique reduces stress on shoulder and knees
Instructions are cue based and address specific areas that need development of particular skill.
– Improving dominance on wrist snap and triceps, away from dependence on shoulder, for a better top spin when spiking
– Shrugging shoulders 80% when forearm passing to ensure platform is firm and steady
Youth High Performance training is great throughout the the year: pre-season, mid-season, and off-season.
We will introduce more tiers and dates as the program continues to grow. Athletes are tiered by their experience, opposed to age. Currently there is tier 2 setting sessions.
To get started, we recommend the two session trial for $50. Athletes will have a good idea of the value of the sessions and can decide whether to continue with the program.
New Athlete Trial$50
- Expires 3 weeks from after first use
- Expires 6 months after first use
- Expires 12 months after first use
- Expires 24 months after first use
LOGOS FELLOWSHIP CENTRE
Logos Fellowship Centre
Position: Outside hitter, right side hitter, libero
Specializations: Spiking, digging, serving, passing, volleying
University of Dalhousie – 2x AUS conference all-star
Seneca College – Seneca College Male Athlete of The Year, Most Valuable Player, OCAA – points record, aces record, & kills record
- Skill development 30-45 minutes
- Integration of skills into play 30-45 minutes OR game play/strategy 30-45 minutes
Ages & levels
As long as the athletes are actively on an OVA team age does not matter for our program. Drills will be individually oriented or athletes will be paired/grouped by experience level, which will ensure they are challenged just the right amount.
Classes will typically have two instructors. Athletes will usually be separated into two groups, by experience level, and have a chance to work with both the instructors each class.
3 Hrs prior to the start of class without penalty. To cancel, or view your account, click on ‘my account’ on the schedule above.
Cancellations within 3 Hrs of class start time will be considered a late cancel and a pass will be deducted.